Don’t let allergies take the spring out of your step this pollen season!
For most people, spring is a time for enjoying the outdoors after emerging from our long winter sleep. But for those of you who suffer from hay fever, it can be a painful time.
Watery eyes, sneezing, and runny noses are some of the symptoms of hay fever that hold you back from enjoying what should be one of the best times of the year.
But there’s some good news for those looking for a new hay fever cure. And that’s Rhinolight®.
Rhinolight® is a phototherapy treatment of the nasal mucus suitable for patients who suffer from hay fever. Rhinolight® treatment reduces the body’s immune response to inhaled allergens like pollens, moulds, animal skin, and mites, while also reducing the symptoms of hay fever.
Treatment involves exposing the nasal cavities to light at a particular wavelength (5% UV-B, 25% UV-A plus 70% visible light) for 2-3 minutes at a time, which reduces the cells’ ability to recognise and respond to inhaled allergens, and release histamine, which is responsible for the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (Rhinolight Ltd., 2014).
The Benefits of Rhinolight® as a Hay Fever Treatment
According to clinical trials, there are several benefits to using Rhinolight® as a hay fever treatment.
1. Rhinolight® significantly decreases the severity of common symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, nasal itching and nasal blockage, for up to 12 months. (Koreck et al., 2005)
2. It’s appropriate for children as young as 6, pregnant or breastfeeding women, and athletes who are banned from using steroids. (Rhinolight Ltd.)
3. Rhinolight® is painless hay fever treatment with minimal side effects. Patients won’t feel heat or burning during treatments. The only side effect is a temporary dryness of the nose, which can be relieved with a little vitamin E oil.
4. Rhinolight® phototherapy is a good hay fever cure for chronic seasonal allergy sufferers who are unresponsive to conventional anti-allergic or hay fever treatment.
5. For patients with severe symptoms, Rhinolight® may be performed as a complimentary treatment, to enhance the effectiveness of medicines or allergen immunotherapy (Rhinolight Ltd., 2014).
For the most effective relief of hay fever symptoms, doctors recommend eight Rhinolight® treatments within six weeks. Patients often report symptom improvement within the first few treatments.
Make this year the year you get rid of hay fever for good. Call our team on 1300 344 325, or book an online appointment to see one of our specialists, who will advise you whether Rhinolight® is right for you.
Brehmer, D. 2010. Endonasal phototherapy with Rhinolight® for the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
Expert Review of Medical Devices 7, 1, 21-26.
Koreck, A., Csoma, Z., Bodai, L., et al. 2005.
Rhinophototherapy: A new therapeutic tool for the management of allergic rhinitis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 115, 3, 541-547.
Rhinolight Limited [Rhinolight Ltd.]. 2014. Rhinolight-IV
Phototherapeutic Device: User manual. Szeged, Hungary: Author: Sophie Davidson – Allergy RN